View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 06:08 PM

I've owned a WS-1000 for 17 years now, and it was my first CF guitar. Several years ago I got to spend a couple of hours in my living room with a gal who was carefully auditioning my WS against an OM. (She ultimately opted for the more balanced / slightly less powerful OM).

I have played the Parlor, H-WS, OM, WS-3000 and the Shorty in stores at various times, but do not have prolonged experience with them. I liked the Shorty (12 fret, NS neck) a lot. I've even played one of the first models with the uni-directional CF top, before they went all woven CF on the standard series. That was a *very* nice guitar, but the store in Anchorage had it at $3500 in 1996 and that was just too rich for my wallet. It eventually sold but that took 3-4 years, and I kinda doubt they got that full price. It was a good thing when the woven Standard series came in at under $2000 back then.

Dave from Rainsong has been really helpful the time or two that I have called, answering questions and even providing the manufacture date on my 2001 Maui-built WS-1000. I still say that if the house caught fire (assuming that people & pets were safe) I would grab the WS-1000 on the way out the door. It's that good, even among my current stable of CF guitars. I like my original N1 neck!