View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 01:22 PM

Hey VLJ.... I'm sorry to hear about your issues with that Pavan. From your earlier description, it sounded like it was a great guitar

Congrats on your GK Pro!!! I've been playing mine for a little over 2 years now... its become my everyday guitar!! It handles jazz, pop, semi classical fingerstyle tunes for me...

I got mine via GC.. I traded in my GK Studio Cypress to upgrade to the GK Pro Negra.

My modifications to my GK Pro were; I added relief to the neck via the truss rod to minimize any string buzz during aggressive fingerstyle playing. I sanded the saddle down to improve the action. I also took a very fine piece of sandpaper to the nut slots to eliminate any possible string friction.. I traded comfort for my left hand for any improvement that high tension strings might have provided me...

I'm using Savarez 510AR normal tension strings on my GK Pro... I absolutely love the Cantiga basses in the set... Tried all the various D'Addario classical sets and nothing thrilled me like the 510AR.

Just a word of caution since you live in the Northeast area.... Keep a close watch on your homes humidity during the winter. The GK Pro is lightly built with a thin top. It can be susceptible to too dry conditions in the winter. I use 2 Oasis humidifiers for mine. I put one in the soundhole and one near the headstock..

Enjoy your new guitar!!!
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop

Last edited by dkstott; 08-17-2017 at 01:40 PM.