View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Well, of the people who responded it looks like about three-fifths of those who have tried thin-bodied acoustics like them for at least some purposes. That's interesting; I expected a lower percentage, although I'm not sure why.

Noledog, your Lowden sounds great to me in both those songs. By the way, I am a big Bob Seger fan and that is a great cover of "Turn the Page." (I have been trying to learn to play "Mainstreet" for some time now, but it is a little beyond me at this point.)

I would be interested to know if Nuno Bettencourt was actually using that thin body acoustic when they recorded that song; the guitar part sounds awfully good to me.

I was planning on buying an electric guitar and was having trouble deciding on which one. I ended up buying a thinline acoustic electric on Ebay instead, an Alvarez Yairi WY1tts. I got a nice deal on a used one in good condition (a little over half of the street price), and I like my Yairi DY-39 so much that I have been gassing for another Yairi.

I was somewhat influenced by this Youtube review found here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GZWn3VCkk
(The playing starts at about 3:25.) There is not a lot of playing going on, but waht there is actually sounds pretty good to me.

Anyway, I am glad to see that there are some thinline lovers here. I really don't know what to expect, but it will give me a chance to start messing around with an acoustic amp and learning about pickups, so I am lookng forward to it.