View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 01:18 PM

On driving. A whole lot of times it’s more dangerous (risk to be more accurate), and a huge time suck with it’s own stress that’s not so easy on the elderly.

Joint replacement and a pacemaker seem to get two of the elderly we travel with getting inspected more often.

Even when storms really messed up the whole system during traveling with family elders a year ago some common sense and fair attitude made it livable. I’ve had long periods of stuck in traffic and that day in MSP airport was not that bad. Read, people watch, you can find decent coffee.

For TSA and customs it’s pretty easy if you have common sense and prepare. You know the drill. Be ready. Take a breath, watch your stuff, smile, say thank you. It works.

Also travel light people. I think WTH when look around and then our family of 5 is able to be gone for 2 weeks with a carry on bag each and at times 1-2 checked bags. Those checked bags are usually filled with sports gear (dive mask, our own fins, snorkel, ski stuff, and food). If you’re taking more than a few of anything stop. Look in the mirror, call yourself out on such foolishness. You don’t need more than a few items when you travel. Do laundry. Look around. You don’t see the pros and classiest travelers carrying the kitchen sink.

It’s not that hard folks. Fighting it makes little sense.