View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 11:23 PM

I never had a K and K installed in a guitar that I thought sounded great without gobs of EQ. Every install was similar to what you described. I have not been one of the fortunate folks that loved it set flat on it's own.

I do recommend that you go to You Tube and look up Dazzo pickups and Teddy Randazzo videos. You will find some live videos of his pickup in action. He sets hid guitar set flat with no EQ. I have his pickups installed on all my guitars. To me, they sound good set flat but with small EQ adjustments I get mine to "pop" in any situation either solo or with a band.

Both the Trance and The Dazzo come from the same FRAP and Arnie Lazarus origins. I had both a Trance and Dazzo installed on my two GS minis for comparisons sake. I found them to be so similar in character that I could not choose that one is necessarily better than the other. In short, I kept the Dazzo because of it's simplicity and because all my other guitars are wired with a Dazzo. The Trance will be sold off when I get around to it.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful