View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 10:57 PM

Default Pedal board help

I play electric and acoustic and use the same pedalboard for both so I would recommend using a variation of my setup. There is a good reason that gigging guitarists have pedalboards that require nothing more than power and guitar cord connections to work. There are plenty of inexpensive pedal boards and isolated power supplies available (check eBay - Donner DB2 Pedalboard & Case plus Mosky B5L0 Power Supply for $60). Wire, velcro and cable tie everything down and test, test, test. Read the instructions for the pedals as their positioning can affect their performance. I recommend that the last pedals are your Looper followed by the Noise Suppressor (read instructions, correct cabling is very important). My first pedal is a Guitar Tuner which is connected to a Line6 receiver (transmitter on the guitar). I’m a BOSS pedal fan based on their quality, variety and their cable connections line up! I use straight male/male connectors to connect most of them. Otherwise I use short 90 degree pedalboard cables. The power supplies (main and backup) are mounted to the underside of the pedalboard. All of the wiring is tied down using wire ties. My setup has a 6ft guitar cord and 6ft power cord coming off it so final connections are simple. Always bring (or mount) a backup power supply and carry extra cables. The most important thing is NEVER forget Murphy’s Law.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer

Last edited by BT55; 01-18-2018 at 11:51 PM.