View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 PM

Default Best Acoustic Blues Guitar...

I have been looking for that great blues machine, and thought I would come on here and ask some opinions. I have seen so many different body shapes, like the L, 00, 000, and even dreads, as well as different top woods and side woods. Bubinga and mahogany seem to be the major two choices for the sides and back, but even rosewoods have been recommended. 12-fret vs. 14-fret also seems to come into debate. Even what company seems to be a big factor, with Gibson being a huge name. And there are the guitars that claim to be true for blues, like the Gibson Blues King, Santa Cruz H, the Martin 15/17 series, etc. Its just so overwhelming.

I am just looking for opinions. I know that the guitar does not make the man, but I do hear distinct differences and really want a killer blues tone. So far, I have noticed that my ear prefers mahogany and likes the mahogany topped, but I won't dismiss a nice spruce topped one. I like the 12 fret style, but have not gotten to really play a 13 fret yet (Santa Cruz H). On my list to try right now is a Santa Cruz 1929, a few Gibsons and even a Collings, but I want to get more knowledge as well. What is the best acoustic blues guitar in your opinion?