View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 PM

My experience is limited to the 312CE and soon to own 414CE. I'm not as proficient in knowledge of acoustic guitarrs in general as many are around here, but I know these two guitars. For an all purpose guitar with respectable volume that 314CE is going to be hard to beat in the 300 series. My latest purchase is happening after many hours playing the 314CE and 414CE head to head. The 314 I played had a bit more volume than the 414 and certainly more than the 312. I'm keeping the 312 as a sitting on the couch, not wanting to disturb the family too much and personal relaxation guitar. The 414 will be my player. I ended up with the 414 over the 314 because, to me, it had a few more touches that I wanted on a guitar that I was spending that kind of money for. It also had more tonal balance. The place I am buying it from has the one they had on the wall and are having 2 more, untouched units shipped in for me to pick the best of the three. By the end of this week, it's going to be hard pulling me away from playing.

Good luck in your hunt.