View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyOK View Post
As I said I havent played either... I cant find any in Oklahoma City.
I have to rely on what Ive heard on YouTube and company websites etc. From what I can tell the Emeralds sound a bit more boxy or a tad muted compared to the Rainsong videos IMO the Emeralds LOOK better though.
Hi Randy

I currently have both an Emerald X20 and a Rainsong CH WS but I do not have the CA XGi. I also have owned a Rainsong CO WS in the past.

Youtube videos may not represent the tone of Emerald well (which I have been through every single one of them before I got mine). The X20 was getting lots of positive review and I relied on that and was very happy with it. My X20 sounds like a full size dreadnought, plenty loud with full deep clear bass.

As for tone - I prefer X20 over my CH WS. But I do prefer the CO WS over X20 as it has a glassier tone and more bite from the standard scale length compared to the CH WS.

Comfort - X20 hands down for me, the bevel and curved back makes it so comfortable to hold. Neck carve/shape I have no preference on either

Volume - X20 is loud from a players perspective due to the placement of the soundhole, I dont care what others hear because I only play for myself to listen

Sustain - either one will sustain forever, that is one of the perks in carbon fibre.

Last edited by pandaroo; 10-19-2017 at 12:52 AM.