View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary palmer View Post
Hi Buck,

Your calipers may need adjusting because your figures don't tally with the ones I normally work to.

You'll actually find saddles for both L and FG series measure in at 73.5mm x 3mm x 8mm. My measurements are taken from a number of spare Yamaha saddles from both the L & FG series and all share the same degree of compensation.

It doesn't take much work to produce accurate bone duplicates of existing saddles and - unless you prefer to buy off the shelf - I'd highly recommend making your own.

Hi Gary... good to see you over here on the AGF.

I'm pretty sure my caliper is fine (only 2 months old), but you never know. That being said, when it comes to replacing saddles, I believe it's better to start with more material and sand accordingly, just to play it safe. But I still don't know if the $8 bone saddle that foxden posted is compensated or not. It may just be a pre-shaped (non-compensated) bone saddle with a 12" to 20" top radius. I couldn't find any further info, hence, the word of caution. A "perfect fit" compensated bone saddle for only US$8.00 seems to good to be true. And as you know... if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.