View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 11:26 AM

I have found over 40+ years of playing and gigging that when I find one that just for some reason works best I keep it..my Les Paul stayed with me for 10 yrs. of band work and was a great all around guitar for that purpose but after that long with it on my shoulder it did it's damage. Weighed a ton!
When I no longer worked with the band I found my fondness for it dwindled and I was no longer playing hit country and rock, and I sold it off to buy my first of many acoustics as I had become interested in Bluegrass. After playing that slim neck and super low action it was a tough transition. My first D18 was a tank and tough action for sure, but that was prior to knowing much and didn't realize setup is a necessary step.
Now i keep only what I really like and have over the years traded and sold to achieve my final goal, one electric, one wood acoustic, and one CF for outdoors and travel in the RV. I'm almost there.
However being a nut as usual I have had a gass attack in the last two days after seeing that new guitar from Blackbird, so may end up with two CF's it's really tempting, just wish it was short scale.........but who knows, maybe.