View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Thanks!

I’ll try to better explain what I mean. I’m referring to playing without any other amplification or mic. Since a TWA equipped guitar produces reverb (and other effects as desired) that projects forward from the guitar, I’m wondering if the singing voice that also projects forward from the guitar, especially when the player is seated where the player’s mouth isn’t that far above the guitar, might pick up any, even if only just a bit of sympathetic reverb (or whatever other TWA effects are chosen) audible to listeners.

Again, maybe a silly notion. It occurred to me, so just thought I’d ask. It might be cool if this happens, to add a little reverb to one’s voice without needing any amplification...kind of like a TWA for the voice.
Interesting theory, and although sound waves interfer with each other I don't think you will see the vocal part pick up the reverb effect and add it to the vocals as you describe! Maybe someone else can explain exactly how the interference between them work?!?

One interesting test, though, would be to put a mixer before the TWA where you mix-in vocals with the signal from the guitar mic, adding the effect for both the vocals and the guitar. I might give it a try, although I don't expect good results. What I have done is putting a compressor pedal between the pickup and the TWA trying to avoid it to clip when I play songs where I change the dynamic a lot. But I got feedback problems, but it might be solvable with some tuning.

The HyVibe guitar will support compression, and it also has some sort of insert jack letting you to add your pedals.

/Per