View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamofgod View Post
Thanks Dave. That would be the smart way to go.

I followed your thread about the Franken-DTAR-KnK you made... how is that working out for you?
It's been working out really well for me. Of course, I'm playing in situations where the K&K will "work" for me, otherwise. But, it just sounds better with the Mic. The preamp in that unit is clean and noise free.

Sounds like K&K isn't a good fit for your church.

For players who need a UST, I would think the DTAR multi with the built in UST would be great. It's not expensive. The LR Baggs Anthem seems very popular.

I know I will be dismissed by some, but I do recommend the Body rez pedal. It is a full fledged preamp in a tiny box with one knob. I feel like they should have put more knobs on it for guitarists to take it seriously. But, it has parametric EQ, compressor, filters, shelves, and various other kitchen accoutrements. We run this little pedal through our PA system for every acoustic group who comes to town. They all love it and sound better with it. We just turn the dial to 12 and let it go. I have the same effect built into the Line 6 and Play Acoustic product. This assumes you want a more realistic acoustic tone. If you just need a boost to cut through, it might not help you.