View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Sean, the body size would make a bigger difference than the top material, so not a good comparison. In addition, I will always be skeptical of recording not done at the same time, and definitely skeptical of recording featuring any special effects.

In my experience, the unidirectional top tends to mute, or soften some of the high on a Rainsong. This effect is rather subtle, so hard to record capture, but it is there.
Ted, you certainly have more hands-on experience with these guitars!. I thought it would be at least a good comparison since they are both in the same room and using the same mic(s), and I doubt Al really changes the mix much if at all.- he recorded probably 20 videos yesterday. I think simply tuning them up and uploading them would have taken most of his time. I can't discern any special effects either and I have a good ear for that stuff being a former electric player.

And if what you say is true about the unidirectional tops inherent on the Concert models and the Shorty models, Rainsong's advertising claims are spot on with both of our observations.

Last edited by steelvibe; 01-10-2017 at 01:03 PM.