View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Nice thread, subtle stuff.

It would be interesting to hear the two guitars at the same time playing the same music. Such play might well illustrate any differences. That's a guess on my part.
I did that once with the audio of similar videos. I was comparing a Rosewood to a Mahogany of the exact same guitar. I imported the audio of both videos into Audacity and started editing. I first tried panning one all the way left and one all the way right. It actually didn't work very well. First, nobody plays a piece EXACTLY the same every time, so one side was often out of sync. Second, nobody has the exact same hearing in both ears, so you can't be sure about what you are hearing. So I tried something different.

I left the audio stereo and separated it into short musical sections, part 1, part 2, etc. I would then simply alternate the 2 audio portions. The test was effective. The shortness of each section allows you to somewhat hold in your head what you just heard and compare it to the next section. It allowed me to hear the differences between the 2 guitars, which I couldn't really hear when I just A/B'ed the videos.

If I have time in the next couple of day, I will try the same thing with these videos. I am one that has asked that question in the past, so it interests me.

On a side note, I don't really like the shark inlays. But that CO-WS1000N2T is so gorgeous that it just doesn't matter!

EDIT: I just read in Ted's comments about the different body sizes, I thought they were both WS. I won't bother doing all that work on this one then.

Last edited by Carbonius; 01-10-2017 at 10:58 AM.