Thread: Has Taylor?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 08:06 AM

Have you tried adjusting your on-board settings? Here's a post from 2 years ago that I concur with. Some may/may not apply but good info anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Have you tried adjusting the three Allen screws behind the bridge-saddle? If not, get yourself a .050" Allen wrench and turn each screw 1/6 turn (one flat) clockwise and see if that helps your tone. We probably need more information on your setup and speaker positioning but here are my suggestions:

1) Lose the TC BodyREZ and all pedals in your signal chain.
2) Do not use reverb if you're using it on the guitar.
3) Start over with all EQ flat everywhere. Now, manipulate the two EQ knobs on the guitar until you get a good tone. You shouldn't have to go more than 3 o'clock (+ rotation) on the Bass knob and 9 o'clock (- rotation) on the Treble knob. If you need additional EQ, manipulate the knobs on your mixer or amp.
4) Why are you using a DI box? Are you going a long distance through a snake to a soundboard in the audience? If not, here's the signal chain I would use, Guitar to Mixer/Amp and that's it.
5) Watch your gain-staging!
6) Sell all your pedals and other gee-gaws so you won't be tempted to use them again!
7) In other words, try to keep your guitar's signal chain as clean and simple as possible.