View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Default SoundHole Preamp or External??? (help plz...)

Hi,

I am about to order a K&K Pure Mini for my Yairi DYMR70SB. Since this is the best guitar ever created, I thought I would use it with a decent amplification system, and I've used K&K before (but without a preamp).

Okay, so I have essentially three choices:
1. K&K Pure Mini, going to Pure preamp clipped to my belt or something;
2. K&K Pure Mini, but with the Soundhole Ultrapure preamp. Battery, etc.
3. K&K Pure Mini with Pre-phase preamp (vol + phase), out to whatever.

I have kind of eliminated the pre-phase, since I do have to adjust different guitars when I plug in. So I'm pretty sure I want the Bass/Mid/Tre controls.

What are the pros/cons, and what is the consensus about the preamp inside the soundhole as opposed to the external solution. The two preamps are electrically identical, just in different forms for ergonomics I guess.

I also have an additional instrument I picked up and it has a UST, to it's gonna be replaced with K&K as well. If I get the eternal preamp, it may be more economical since I can swap the preamp from instrument to instrument, but I have heard some folks say the belt-clip part is more of an irritant than I think it will be.

So, since I don't have any experience with this config (and since I want someone else to be responsible for my decisions ), I would love to hear opinions on this.

THANKS!!!