View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Default M9 with a T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakyle View Post
Lee - Do you have the m9?

My worry is only having 6 options. I realize you can switch scenes but not with your feet.

Seems pretty cool though.
Just started to use an M9 with a T5 - ok, so the T5 is only acoustic depending on your point of view, but hope these comments are still useful!

Still learning all the M9 can do, but so far very pleased indeed. Using the T5 on its most acoustic settings, I like the ability to set up a touch of compression, a smidge of chorus, plus some very nice reverb (try that Particle Verb - woooh!), with a second batch of 3 FX models waiting in the wings. And for the T5, using a more electric setting, I often have distortion + delay + reverb, but you have a vast choice. The M9 also has a few useful EQ options, which can be very handy - whether for acoustic, electric or in between.

Just started using an expression pedal with it, which seems to work fine on pretty much any parameter you like - volume, delay time, FX mix, filter sweeps, whatever...

You can switch scenes with your feet - but I do mean "feet" - it's easier with two! It's a press for the Scene mode, a press to change the scene, and a press to escape that mode. It's quick, but more of a between-songs option.

For me, I don't find the any-3-out-of-6 effects limitation too much of a compromise, and I bought the M9 over the M13 (which I did try in the shop), as that seemed too much for what I needed. IMHO, the M9 suits the T5 perfectly, as you can set up a generally acoustic-friendly signal chain, as well as a more electric-friendly effects grouping, and dance between them. Great! Mix and match it how you like.

The looper is fun too, and does exactly what I wanted it to, with 28 or 56 seconds of ambient bliss! Well, for me at any rate...

Cheers