View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Being a bit pugnacious, I would suggest that Peavey might have the advertising power of Taylor.

I would also argue that cheap electric guitars do not preclude interest in more expensive guitars. As proof I would point to the acoustic CF guitars that have hit the market well beyond the price of many wooden instruments, and done well.

When I was moving through more than 40 wooden nylon string guitars to find my ideal, I ran across $300 dollar guitars that competed well with U.S. guitars in the thousands of dollars range, and those high-range guitars sold. CF guitars priced well above many wooden instruments have found a market--people interested in something new, something that sounded a bit unique, something that was weather proof.

While certain electric guitars dominate the market, that means that something unique might be inspiring. I can almost taste an X7, 2" wide, 1 6/8" nut width, woody with center sound hole surrounded by a way cool rosette.

But maybe that's just me.
For the record, I saw the video with you and Alistair, and I don't think you look anything like a pug... nor argumentative. A new quest for you... and perhaps another challenge for the Emerald team?

The guitar that I have owned the longest (51 years) is a Gibson ES-335... could that be better as carbon fiber (certainly bigger and heavier than the X7 hybrid you are proposing)? Maybe. A market for it? You'd have to convince someone to accept that gamble. Then, the choices of pickup(s) and where to mount/position them. A lot of things to sort out. Then, convince the market why they need this.

You are a dreamer, my friend, and that is where innovation gets its start. Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Jim