View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
I'm dubious of anything above the nut or behind the saddle having any great effect, but anything is possible. What I wonder about this. When you change out something like bridge pins, you would likely also be changing to new strings, so wouldn't that play into it?
Not if he first changed all six pins and then went back hours later and switched three back to stock again. At least the OP was willing to put what he heard to the test. I did much the same thing when I made my first bone saddle and felt the tone of my guitar improved dramatically: I left the strings on but but the old saddle back on again. Yep: didn't sound as good as it did with bone saddle. So I put the bone saddle back on. Got real good again!

I think switching from plastic pins to bone pins does make a very small improvement in tone if the new pins have a very good fit. Perhaps, since the OP isn't impressed, he has less than a perfect fit?

Seagull CW w/Baggs M1 pickup...National Vintage Steel Tricone...SWR California Blonde Amp

Last edited by Gypsyblue; 06-04-2011 at 01:39 PM.