View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
My original question seemed to morph into a wood vs carbon argument? Didn't really want that but guess I may have phrased the question to invite that? It just seemed odd to me that I so rarely see carbon with "brand name artists". It's a numbers thing could be part of it but doubt that is all of it. A strong bias to wood instruments is likely for any number of reasons. One thing not raised is whether carbon guitars have the stage presence desired? Gray carbon is predominate in Rainsongs offerings for years.
I have seen a couple regional artists with carbon guitars. Nothing on the national stage. I had purchased a rainsong and returned it once I viewed a pic of the same guitar in sunburnt. So I did an exchange. The guitar sounds identical but I do prefer the look over the black weave. Perhaps major artists feel the same way and perhaps now that there are options to cover the weave we will see more artists use the live.

I also think that an artist on the national stage can afford good wood guitars without concern of replacing them if damaged (unless they bring there prized guitar with them). They also might get great wood guitars free or get an artist discount.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat