View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuyTim View Post
Yep. Would love one. But $200 (or the $100 700S I've seen with a 2.5 hour drive) is more than I can manage.

Yep, I sound pathetic. But the main reason I'm pressing so hard to learn right now (after 20+ years of wanting to, but making excuses not to) is to get my mind off of our money troubles. Music is about the only thing that let's us escape (always has). The phrase, "save and get something better (than what I've found to this point)" isn't a possibility right now. So, I'm scrounging trying to find the absolute best deal I can so I'm not trying to do this again in a year when I've fully realized the limitations of a "cheap" instrument.

AGF has been amazing in this regard. Punches aren't pulled. You get honest answers. And you suffer fools rather well also.
I am not deterring you from getting a different guitar but you say you want the absolute best deal. The Yamaha FG700s is the king of the heap in this price range for brand new guitars with good warranty service.

I just purchased a FG700s myself and I have owned guitars that included a Martin D-40. The Yamaha is a wonderful guitar that I`m proud to have in my house. Just look at the numerous threads on AGF praise this model. See my recent post here

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=304325

Whatever you decide to buy budget the extra money to get a professional setup done. If the guitar plays like crap you will not enjoy playing it.