View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 08:49 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Looks great so far, and I love the thought process behind the build elements! Can you talk about the differences in the shape between this and the two guitars you "combined" to create it? It has a dread-like appearance, but given that it is alone in the pictures, I don't have the others as a reference point. Do you expect this shape to produce a tonal difference to the others, or was this more an aesthetic choice to offer a new shape? Excited to see the whole guitar!
Thanks for the kind compliment Mike. It was our goal to revise the shape of our current MacNaught (dred) to make it less boxy or squarish looking so we slightly rounded the upper and lower bout radii. We also pinched in the waist slightly to improve player comfort while playing in the seated position. I'll try to post a picture of a side by side comparison of the original body and the V2.

I don't anticipate a significant change in tone, volume or projection. However, that is purely based on my present opinion of the tap tones of the sound box because I don't have a finished guitar strung up yet...