View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 10:35 AM

Mandobart - I believe that 1c charge rates are not considered ultrafast or stressful, that's correct by most of what I've read. 1C on a 35ah battery is charging at 35 amps.

The major warnings in terms of high charge voltages that I've studied say that excess heat and gassing happen when you're pushing voltage without ramping down , as an older auto shop charger would've done as compared to the modern muliti-stage charger I'm using.

It is a good idea to slow charge the battery every 10-20 charge cycles as you'd said, though the explanations offered were a touch more nebulous than your description.

Finally, charging a 35ah battery at 2amps is a 36-48 hour charge cycle. That's pretty serious waiting on the side of caution. Most high cycle use machines I can find that use 15ah or better batteries charge at 10amps minimum and many at 20amps or better, lead acid or lithium, medical carts as a prime example.

Safety is a concern in hospital working environments.

I'd like to hear more exactly what charge rates you consider safe because by almost everything I've read 1C or less is fine, except that is, here and by you.