View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 09:48 AM

That's a bit limiting. Mic selection can be very important. When I used the original Bose PAS I usually found just adding a touch of treble helped.My voice is on the dark side though. You kind of need to play with it at home standing in front of it if possible. That system can be a little challenging as placement in some rooms is often less than ideal. If you're too close the sub woofer it will cancel some of the high end and your sound will "seem" dark but not in the audience.

The ART is decent but it really won't warm things up all that much in my experience. I have 2 other mic preamp's a Summit Audio and Groove Tubes Brick and they will add a bit more girth. A mixer with decent EQ will be a better bet than the subtlety of a mic pre.

You can probably make it work with what you have if you play with it. Always keep in mind the physics of the room. That has such a huge impact on your overall sound. Some rooms just naturally sound wonderful and some rooms you can teak forever and never get a good sound.