Thread: Avalon A32J
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Smile

Not got my new Avalon "A32J" yet. Early March.

But I do have an old Avalon A25J. The A25J is not only cedar as opposed to spruce but is like a Lowden F sized body. So warmer but also fuller in sound. Not better or worse, just different. The bracing is also different, 'dolphin' vs 'AXE'.

I love my Lowden S32J dearly and wanted to have another nylon to compliment it, to give me a broader tonal palette to choose from, hence wanting a different wood top but more importantly a bigger body.

The Avalon A25J is just lovely but I think the thing that really appeals to me about it is the size as opposed to the top hence me commissioning a "A32J". My ear just prefers spruce and alpine spruce just sits so well with nylon for me.

It terms of woods and build quality the S32J and A25J are the same. I strongly suspect the "A32J" will be just divine!

I will also say this, for the record, Avalon are a blooming pleasure to deal with, very accommodating, helpful and really care about what they are doing.

Keep an eye on their website as exciting news is coming soon!