View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
Dear All,

I just gave the DADF#AD tuning a try and I was very impressed with that deep growly ringing sound! Now my problem is that I cannot play every song I want to.

I have learned a few easy versions of the basic chord progression: D, A, Bm, G with an occasional F#m. That's fine for most sons and I can capo these up a few frets.

But then the capo is getting to high up, it would be nice to have a different progression. Like in normal tuning you can use Am, F, C, G, capo it up to the 5th then you get a Dm progression, then you can restart with Em, C, G, D, like a 2nd gear on your car.

In open D, it's this 2nd progression I don't know. I've checked some chord charts on the internet, but I couldn't find a 2nd progression that had nice and easy chords with not too many strings muted.

Perhaps I missed something? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
Can I assume you're referring to strummed chords, as opposed to finger style playing?

If you play fingerstyle, I can saturate you with more than you can handle, but if you rely on muting extraneous notes in order to strum.........Nope, can't do.

I play, and compose, A LOT, in open D, and many other tunings.

HE
It Ain't Necessarily So: http://howardemerson.com/music2.html tracks 1,3,8,10,12 & 13 are all in open D