Thread: String Spacing
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post

I know, it's a lot of words to describe a simple situation.
No it's not.

Your posts on this subject (and the subject does rise from time to time) are always models of concise well explained reasoning, and it would well behove all builders to take the time to read your posts, learn from them, and inwardly digest.

Anyway, regarding the string spacing at the nut thing , I just thought I would throw in the fact that Huss and Dalton (possibly alone among the major manufacturers) still cling to the "equal string center" philosophy rather than the "equal string spacing" policy.

Why they do this , I do not know. Martin, to their credit have always (at least on any Martin I have ever owned) adopted the "equal string spacing " approach.

I am not a Taylor owner but from remembrance of Taylors I have played in the dim and distant, I am fairly certain that Bob Taylor also adopts the "equal string spacing " method.

Gibson ??? I have no idea ...haven't played a Gibson acoustic in years...but my recollection is that the last Les Paul I set up had equal string spacing, rather than equal string centers.