Thread: Home Recording
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napman View Post
Thanks to Seamus and Blues, as old as I am and as you may notice that English is not my first language but that doesn't deter me from singing in English anyway!!

I actually just started to mess around with this "Recording" thing! And so far am really an infant as you may notice, but I know that I'm having a fun time fooling around with it. I guessed I had to start somewhere (and hopefully it'd lead me to the right direction) so I jumped right in not too long ago.

I also realized that there are so much more to learn to make it better, and many of you guys here are so graciously shared their knowledge and experiences and encouragement that we (the Johnny comes lately) need to get by. I thank you all for that.
What's your first language? You have a beautiful voice and the version was haunting!

I looked at a few acoustic-electric bass guitars today...we're not in position to do much, but the Dean basic bass is about $150 or so. I wonder if it is sufficient.

Each recording that I have heard on the multi tracks all seem enhanced by using a bass, so I think it will be important.

I also played a 6 string banjo, and Bob was right; it was lacking and sounded 'tinny' without that fun banjo sound, even when I did fingerpicking.