View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Man that's a bummer Groberts.

You gave it a try.... seems JBL missed the mark on these and at $1499 it's just not worth the gamble. Even if it works "out of the box" who knows how long before an issue arises. I imagine the used market will not be good for these either ..

Good luck with your next system choice...
Do you really need battery operation?
Great question Jake. No I don't need the battery feature. Its cool but not necessary. The battery feature is not why I bought it. I bought it because everything packs up on a single package that is easy to carry in-and-out. It has performance and sound quality (as evidenced by the one my band mate bought) that meets my needs. It has reverb that the Bose L1 lacks and it includes Bluetooth for break music.They are also offering a free case/cover with wheels now through the end of the year. So it seemed super friendly for a gigging musician.

I have a Bose L1 Compact that sounds great. I love it ..except for lack of reverb and the base unit shape makes it hard to stack gear and roll on my cart. (I gig a lot, so I'm always loading, rolling and unloading)

I got excited after demo'ing and using the EON One Pro my band mate got. (His 2nd unit) When it works, it sounds great. When we perform as a duo, I plug in my bass direct and my partner is on acoustic guitar and vocals. Bass sounds killer straight-in. So I figured a pair of EON One Pro
s would be even better for our band gigs versus our Bose L1 Compacts. (We already do that with a pair of Bose L1 Compacts and for our band, it works great.) I figured the low end sub of the JBL would be punchier.

I was sort of tempted to get a replacement, but with the failure rate being rather high, I would always wonder if 'tonight is the night it craps out on a gig.' Dang.

So mostly, ithe JBL EON Pro was a 'want', not a 'need'.

I am gigging tonight solo acoustic/vocals and taking my Bose L1 Compact. It sounds great and has been totally reliable the past couple years.
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com