Thread: CA/Peavey
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPRODMGR View Post
We hear you. Don't forget the first thing we did is completely redesign the existing line. Many improvements were needed and made. Since then, our goal has been to increase our distribution and dealer base. The #1 complaint I get is that people have a hard time finding a stocking dealer to try one out. Now we are doing a re-launch with updated models at SNAMM. There's no doubt we'd like to explore line extensions. A nylon is a good idea, a 12 is always a possibility. An electric is always something in our minds, as is bringing this technology into the bass world. Most people don't remember Peavey innovated the bass world with CF a long time ago. For now we just need many more brand ambassadors like all of you!

Mike, how about if you start by simply making CA Guitars with better quality control in the factory. I bought a Custom COT Legacy and it NEVER played right. I contacted the factory repeatedly as well as Artisan guitars who was the dealer I ordered it through. All I was given was replacement saddles. So now after the guitar has sat in its case for a year and a half becaues the playability is TERRIBLE, I took it out a couple months ago and measured the NUT. It is ONLY 1.69" instead of 1.75" which is what I ordered. I immediately contacted both CA and Artisan Guitars and was scoffed at and disrespected. I then contacted Fred Poole at Peavey who also scoffed at me. I then left a voicemail for Hartley Peavey himself and then about an hour later called Fred Poole again. This time Poole said hte talked to Hartley and they wanted me to be happy and so he told me to send the guitar back and they would send me a new Legacy. I sent it back at my expense and when it arrived at Peavey, they never acknowledged they had it for a week and only after I repeatedly contacted Fred Poole again. So eventually Peavey claimed the guitar does have a 1.75" nut width and sent it back. The guitar DOES NOT have a 1.75" nut width so it is a manufacturing defect which should be covered by the warranty, yet Peavey is refusing to back their own warranty. I can easily prove the guitar was made with a 1.69" nut width so it looks lilke I may have to take legal action over this. I am giving you an opportunity to do the right thing, yet based on past experience with Peavey, I doubt you will.

PRE-PEAVEY CA Guitars were much better than the Peavey made guitars and when Ellis Seal owned the company they backed their product. Why doesn't Peavey???