View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
I’ve gotten into the Reaper tutorials a bit more and now realize how easy it is to set up either a track or project template. A project template might work great for me since I’ll probably have 3-4 recording scenarios (mono-single mic, XY stereo mic, spaced pairs (mono or stereo), blended mic & pickup). For each one I’ll be using the same AI. I believe my main priority would be to get a really good raw recording starting with the template and than make edit/mixing changes.
Yes this is exactly what I do. I have a custom template for each of the possible recording scenario's I might want. With all the tracks , all the routing and an all the plugins I normally use, all ready to go as soon as I create a new session. So it is just Record then Mix ..... no fiddling around adding tracks and routing or plugins after I have started recording .

I use two basic categories, one with category with midi instruments, and one without.
The without category is just basic singer songwriter template , with a couple of acoustic guitar tracks set up, rhythm and lead and a vocal and vocal backing tracks. Then I also have bus tracks (aux track in PT) for each guitar group, and a bus (aux track) for my parallel reverb . Then I also have any plugins already substantiated on the audio tracks and bus tracks and in bypass mode ready to start mixing .

I have those basic template types set also in each of the possible sample and bit variations I use.
24 bit 44.1 k --24 bit 48K --- and 24 bit 96k and labeled as such .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 01-30-2018 at 01:42 PM.