Thread: LR Baggs Lyric?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 09:49 PM

As I said in an earlier post, I have the Lyric installed simultaneously with an Element sharing the same lithium 9 volt, each with their own sound hole volume control and preamp/jack. The Lyric feeds back much more than the Element. It's a microphone. You are not going to get much feedback rejection from a mic, period. Not without drastically sacrificing tone. You have to point your amp away just like with any miked situation. It does sound very pleasing and inspirational, which is most important to me. I have yet to record with it, and I'm thinking some of the boxiness/ringing I'm getting (probably due in large part to the amp) will not be there with a direct recording using headphones. My goal is to have an inspirational sound for live performance and a very real sound for recording where I don't have to remain rigid in front of mics or worry obsessively about background noise. I have no buyers/installers regrets, that's for sure. It's in a concert size, cedar topped, rosewood acoustic now. I'd really like to hear it in my larger spruce topped, maple sided dread. All that aside, the comments that mean the most to me are from folks that ACTUALLY have the system installed and are describing the pros and cons and how they are getting the most out of it or why it doesn't work for them. I'm only taking the time to elaborate as I've been in that position where I'm searching for unbiased feedback on a product and I'm returning the favor as honestly as I know how.