View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:49 PM

Default Need Acoustic Guitar Amp Ideas

Hi People, it's been a while. Life got busy & crazy for me, and I also hit a major money crunch that resulted in both guitars and amps going bye-by (though I never went guitarless - I managed to hang onto my Gibson J-35 yay!!!!). The gear issue has settled down, but now I have a dilemma. As of a few hours ago, I've been asked to play in the church band for mass. I need a decent (but not one that'll break the bank) acoustic guitar amp, to do my J-35 justice. Also, it needs to be loud enough to fill church (it has to compete with a Steinway piano, choral singers, a bass player, a drummer, and a flute player). I could run through the PA, but from past experience I know that will just rob power/volume from the singers and the flute player, so the amp needs to be able to hold its own, and fill the church.

As of now, I'm leaning towards a Fishman Loudbox Artist 120, but I'm still not sure it will be enough. Will it be adequate for the job, or are there other amps I should consider? As I said earlier, it has to sound decent, and be up to my volume requirements (no, it doesn't have to be brutally loud like some of my electric guitar amps have been ). Thanks.