View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 07:24 AM
AGF Sponsor

After receiving a PM inquiring about these two builds, I need to clarify my motivation. These guitars aren't being built with the intention to sell...they're being built with the desire to learn. I've dreamed of learning the art and craft of lutherie for many years, and have invested a great deal of time and effort into building this shop. My day job is fine carpentry/woodworking, so I've got a great foundation from which to transition into this environment...but, there is no better teacher than experience (I'm just fortunate enough to have my experience being guided by Steve Sheriff), and experience takes time. There is no cutting corners, no cheating, no way around this fact. So, although I hope to one day build guitars that are marketable, I'm not foolish enough to believe that that time is now.

You guys, as a whole, build incredible instruments. I come here to look at your build threads, and get inspired. I see what you do, and how much time and effort you've put into gaining the experience that you've acquired, and you show me that it's possible to achieve my dream if I'm willing to put in the time and effort. I'm sharing these builds to give something back to this community, and to, hopefully, get feedback from all of you who I admire and respect. Thanks again for your interest, and for making this place so very wonderful.

Joel Teel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS