View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Yes, the strings are quite definitely slinkier/less tense than the full scale. Volume is more difficult to describe. It's been years since I've owned the full scale X20 so all I have to compare it do is my current and recent guitars which are extremely lightly built and very resonant all wood guitars. Add to that I only play fingerstyle with the meat of my fingertips and that makes for an even quieter playing experience. But I wouldn't call it a quiet guitar by any means. Nor would I call it a loud guitar.

I'm planning doing another post very soon (perhaps today) detailing my impressions of my X20 custom two weeks in. Check back for that as I'll have some additional interesting observations and insights.
Thanks! I’m also a bare fingerpicker/strummer playing mainly classic folk/rock covers and originals. I think I’d be willing to sacrafice a bit of volume in favor of less string tension. I assume you’re not experiencing any buzz. Did you specify a preferred string height at the 12th? I look forward to reading your further impressions.