View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Guest 928

Ted;

Thank you for bringing my attention to the classifieds--as you note, there is a lot of activity with Emerald guitars. I was surprised at the number of FS and WTB notices, and equally surprised at the variety of instruments being moved around.

The ads sort of mirror my own Emerald history. I can't afford to buy every Emerald guitar, not all at once. But I can't resist trying them one by one as they are developed. I've sequenced through 3 Emerald nylon string guitars and now thinking of selling my X10-OSN in order to move toward a CF electric guitar.

I saw the same kind of shifting around when CA was moving through a number of innovative instruments. The Cargo led to the Ox, which led to.....and so forth. With Blackbird I moved from the Rider, to the Super OM, to the uke......And of course Rainsong's long history leaves its advocates with an incredible variety of instruments to chose from and no way of determine which is the best for a particular player until the ivarious nstruments have been played.

The CF market creates a lot of gas.