View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Cool Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
Thanks for all the input. I have gone for The AER as I found a 2 month old one on flea bay that had never been out of the house with gig bag etc for £400. The best price I could find brand new was £499 (but they wouldn't mail order). All in all, I am happy with that.

I can't wait for it to turn up so I can set up the whole rig.
Sounds like a great price, as the Compact goes for ~$1050 here in the States; I got mine (gently used) for $600 and felt it was close to a steal of a deal...

I LOVE my AER Compact 60/2! It is truly an amazing little piece of kit; I still have to laugh each time I use it for a gig, as it is SO light and small, has only ONE 8" speaker (?!?) and just 60 solid state watts of power...

Yet, it handles my acoustic guitar and vocals easily in a fairly large room (40'x40'x30') without even being turned up to halfway on the Master volume!
AND, it sounds stellar!

The Compact has the remarkable ability to s p r e a d sound around a room, once it's turned up to performing levels in a decent-sized venue... quite similar to my Bose rig actually; once I have the volume up a bit, it ceases to be sound coming from a little box and becomes one of those "where's that coming from?" type of things...

Enjoy your new amp! Congratulations...

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)