View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 AM

I would encourage you to give a B-Band pickup a shot. It's what I replaced my Lyric with. I was very, very impressed with the sound.

Warning: do NOT get a cheapie one off of Ebay. It will pick up all kinds of RF interference. Get a real one.

With that said, I'm running my JJB (very similar to a K&K) into a Fire Eye Red Eye (for impedance matching) and then into an Empress ParaEQ. I'm pretty happy with the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeshoulder View Post
Thank you all for the responses. In response to questions asked. My budget is 2-3k. I am not looking for an overprocessed sound. I would only like to recreate my guitars natural sound only louder. Of course EQ and reverb are probably a must. Beyond that maybe only a compressor. My singing partner and I harmonize very well together and we both like a minimalist, natural sound. CSNish.
As far as pickups go, I have tried about everything in previous guitars. Fishman UST, L.R Baggs UST and Lyric and sound hole M-1active. I am leaning toward giving the K&K a go if the mic idea can't work. K&K users what are you having the best luck with?
I appreciate all the help.