View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

I had the chance to play the 7p CW (not sure about the e2), the 5p, the 5c, and all of the lower-level models when I was looking for a Spanish classical a few years back. I ended up with a 7c, which is, I think, no longer made. It was several hundred eu less than the 7p, and I just couldn't afford to pay the difference. There was some inconsistency in the finish on several of the lower-level models, so you definitely should get your hands on the guitar before you commit to it, but overall, I don't think you're likely to find a better guitar than the 7p in that price range. Certainly, for a more traditional classical sound and feel, it's going to be worlds better than your Taylor NS (which I also compared a few years back) - but I'm not sure how the Alhambra (fishman?) electronics will compare to the excellent Taylor internals. I always recommend at least checking out the Alhambra line when my friends are looking for a solid classical, most are pleasantly surprised by what they find.