View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM

Default Best Vintage Yamaha's..?

So, I've been watching eBay like I'm sure most of you do. Looking for deals on solid top vintage acoustics. Perhaps not as easy to find as they once were. But, I've been thinking about my old Yammie and I miss having it around. Which got me to thinking, I wonder which Yamaha models are the "best" at representing the brand and are not too rare to find on the market today and won't cost me an arm and a leg? I realize that everyone puts their own value on what an "arm and a leg" means. But, I which models are still a good value versus buying a new FG730 or LL -- which I still want. But, one thing at a time. What are the values in the vintage Yamaha brand?

Any ideas? I tend to like the aesthetics of the models with solid top models with white neck/headstock binding, like the current FG730.

I'm not looking for advice on why I should look at a comparably priced Seagull, or fill-in-the-blank brand. What I'm linterested in is knowing what models you think are worth considering that represent a nice, higher-end, solid-top vintage Yamaha.

Thanks in advance!

Alvarez PD361 (every day player)
Alvarez AD410 (beach guitar)
Taylor 210 (traded for the PD361 above)
Yamaha FG-75 (gave to my nephew; not sure why)
Sigma by Martin (sold; first guitar!)
Martin HD-35 (some day...)