View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMamaJ40 View Post
I usually use a SoloAmp, but would like to use the Mini for a nursing home gig. I have the Mini on a basic amp stand maybe 18” off the floor and tilted back. My mic is a Shure Beta SM87a, acoustic guitar with K&K.
Where is the amp in relation to the mic? Supercardioid mics have a distinct lobe off the back of the mic (unlike cardioids) so your amp should be at about 45' to the mic. And forward of the mic if you can make that work. That tilt back might be giving you trouble too.

You probably also have a gain structure problem. I have issues with any amp that doesn't allow me to set input gain and output volume independently for each channel ... with a master to control the final output volume.

Unfortunately, that's how the Mini is designed (and why I don't own one). So you might try using minimal gain on the mic channel (which by design becomes your channel output level), set the guitar gain appropriately to get a good mix with your mic, and control the overall output volume with the master.