View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
Sorry to hear that Glenn. But it wasn't a dud, it's just father time. I know at 56 my hands aren't as limber as they once were and my middle finger pops and carries on sometimes as well.

I have never had what I would call a dud. But I have never had what some here would call high end guitars either so I wouldn't know. All I know is how they sound to me and how they feel.

My Epiphone feels great to play, but being a Thin Line I'm not as pleased with the sound as I am with my other guitars. Because of this I will always be skeptical of Epiphones deserved or not. It's okay plugged up, but I don't like to plug in just to play for myself.

I am disappointed that both my Yamaha and Takamine has gotten that milky haze on them, and I have taken care of them. Kept clean and in their case.
Hi SRC,

Exactly,... The GS8 was not a dud, it was not the real problem; the real problem was my aging finger joints that ache from arthritis. I'm lucky I can still play at all. I have to be very careful.

Regarding that milky haze on your Yamaha and Takamine, my Gibson AJ is susceptible to this same problem and I found that Virtuoso cleaner http://www.amazon.com/Virtuoso-Premi...guitar+cleaner works wonders. The polish, to me, is not necessary, only the cleaner.

Regards,
Glenn