View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3woodengulls View Post
Been playing for a few years. I can hold my own but I can't get over the fatigue I get in my hand playing songs with multiple barre chords. Set up on my guitars is fine, technique is fine. I used to be a heavy weight lifter so I always thought I had strong hands! Not sure what else to try but it really frustrates me with this. Hoping someone has some ideas or hand exercises that willl help. And no I am not looking for work around. I don't mind playing barre chords I am talking about songs that are entirely using them.
I'm a beginner so you may well understandably ignore my reply but my teacher has me playing 'Sitting on the Dock of the Bay' using only barre chords (except the E part) using the F barre shape. I also find this tiring on my thumb/hand muscle and he told me its quite normal and will be tiring so (in my case) not to overdo it at the start.

Might be a useful exercise for you albeit you will be able to play it far more and for longer each day than me but might be useful. Hotel California is another one you can play using only barre chords shapes (except for the E and E minor part) although I find Dock of The Bay more tiring.