View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 01:54 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK View Post
So good to see it go to a good home, Congrats Billie Jo!
Several years ago I gave away a $9000+ motorcycle in a promotion at my shop in a drawing. The guy who won it actually got upset because I would not give him $9000 in cash back for it. He said he did not need a motorcycle that big and fast. We ended up exchanging it for different motorcycle. The guy then gave us a bad review when he got the survey from the manufacturer because he felt we should have given him the cash back. All over a free ticket.

Your giveaway ended up so much better, Glad for you and good of you to do this Bruce.
Travis
I did have people at the show ask me if I was was going to give the cash equivalent! This made me think about it, and I suppose there is an amount I would have given for the guitar, but it is NOT the amount I' d have sold it for.

I did prepare myself to have someone want a better guitar than the prize, which I do have, and I would have given my standard trade in deal: I will give full purchase value in trade up to an instrument of 150% the price if the trade in is as new condition. . . of course the actual purchase price in this case is $0 (I'd do better than that!).

Billie Jo seems an ideal winner to me.