View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
Richard thanks man!

Mike and I do that in our sets every time... we get great crowd reaction.

Here is Mike and I rehearsing it the first time a year ago:

Yes, that's the one that I was referencing -- great cover!!!!

If I may -- and this is merely another guitarist adding a 2% improvement to an already great cover -- if you guys will increase/emphasize the palm muting a bit more, it will make an already fantastic cover even better. Again, no criticism whatsoever, just hopefully a suggestion that is taken in the helpful spirit intended: that song was written as an "in your face" song -- probably written in jest and funny as heck -- so the palm muting, IMO, will help incrementally.

[I just listened to it once again and I think that I figured out what I meant. The guitarist on the left (I'm assuming that is you) is doing EXACTLY what the song needs). But the "lead player" is playing wide open (when he isn't playing lead) and on open chords. What he needs to be doing is playing barre chords during the singing and providing additional rhythm by muting the chords AS SOON as he hits the chord -- sort of a "chuka, chuka sound) to accentuate your singing. Think Neil Young and Cowgirl in the Sand or many of his other songs -- THAT'S the effect that I'm "trying" to describe.]

Last edited by Reasley; 12-11-2017 at 10:57 AM.