View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcap View Post
I've never been to Australia, but would love to visit (I'm a biologist, and so the unique biology of the place is much more than a little bit intriguing!), and it has always seemed like it is probably a very nice place.

I have had the opportunity to spend a bunch of time in New Zealand though... I think I could be very happy spending the rest of my life there! Lovely place, with very nice people (and LOTS of cool biology as well)! And interestingly, during the month I was there, I never once had any significant worries about my personal safety (e.g. in terms of the people I was passing on the street, etc..... it was sort of a bit of culture shock coming back to the U.S. after that).

Minneapolis is a very nice place though! (as Glen said above in his post.... and maybe Glen and I will meet eventually at one of the local AGF gatherings?)
The first stuffed sample of a Platypus that made it`s way back to Britain was considered to be a taxidermy hoax. Furry mammal, bill like a duck, poisonous spur on the hind leg and the female lays eggs AND suckles the young! No way dudes!