View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Wow that is super cool! I'm gonna PM you and pick your brain if I may to ask about acoustic tone and adjust ability. I have a fishman Plat Pro EQ preamp on my pedal board and its super easy to change EQ settings on the fly depending on the venue. (i.e. if I need more of less bass, scoop the mids, maybe add a little sparkle etc)

What about feedback notch filitering? Will the Helix offer that too?
Yup, it does it all. There are a variety of EQ type options, very easy to control on the fly. I will say the first couple hours were a bit daunting... but once you get past that initial shock of learning something complicated, it is great. It was a lot like learning the Timeline I had... took me a while to learn it, but once I did it was awesome and could do just about anything I wanted.

I had a Fishman Plat Pro once... nice unit but so limiting compared to a Helix.

Looking at the manual just now, there are 5 EQ models: simple, low/high cut, parametric, 10 band, Cali Q. I use the low/high cut on the sound hole humbucker of my dual source rig to cut the low out. Also use the PEQ on my K&K. The PEQ can be setup as a notch with a high Q value.

Also, I forgot to mention it has a couple compressors I like. And it does IR... which I haven't gotten into, but is all the rage here on AGF.

Feel free to PM me...
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp