View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 04:07 PM

Default Guitar + Bass

Yet another iteration. : )

Had to get creative as our band frequently now performs without a bass player.

Solution: Take the low notes from the chords I'm playing and create a bass player from them! Hence the second board on the right. I split my signal using a JHS splitter (bottom left on second picture). The Boss OC3 has a range control to only drop the frequencies I want (E-D on the bottom 2 strings) and I take out all dry signal so I'm just left with the roots of my chords. The SubnUp mini is for another octave down when I really want to rumble the house. Bass board is activated via the mute switch so I can kick it on or off wherever I want in a song/set.

Guitar Chain: Guitar(s) > Tonebone Pz-Pre > MXR Studio Compressor > Sentry Noise Gate > JHS Buffered Splitter > Tapesty Bloomery Volume Pedal (active) > Strymon Dig Delay > Strymon BlueSky Reverb > Neunaber Immerse Reverb > Ditto Looper > Tonebone > PA/amp
The Strymon Tap Favorite switch set up as a favorite switch for the DIG.

Bass Chain: Guitar(s) > Tonebone Pz-Pre > MXR Studio Compressor > Sentry Noise Gate > JHS Buffered Splitter > JHS Mute > MXR Dyna Comp > Boss OC-3 Super Octave > SubnUp Mini > MXR M81 Bass Preamp > PA/amp

Tuner: Boss TU-3s. Fed via the tuner out of the PZ-Pre.
Power: Cioks DC-10 + 9V DC adapter daisy chain for bass board
Board: Pedaltrain Classic Jr. and Pedaltrain Nano+