View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Steve, impressive amps that you built! Do you buy the kits? I'm assuming they're clones? If so, of what?
Hi Dru - thanks, no, none are kits. I choose my own components, usually drill my own chassis, build my own cabinets. Some are clones, some not.

Front row, left: tweed Deluxe. This is pretty much a clone.
next is a Hoffman AB763 Twin head, with bias-vary tremolo and reverb on both channels. Normal channel has a James tone stack; various tweaks.
Back row, left: 2x12 cab (Jensen Jet Blackbirds). The green head on top is a 5f6A with master and tweaks. On top of that is an AC30 top boost.
Behind the twin is a a Hoffman AB763 single-channel Deluxe Reverb (with tweaks). On top of that is a Revibe (Fender standalone reverb + brown-era "harmonic vibrato"). Next the Acus. On top of that is a Vibro Champ with added reverb, footswitchable "raw" control and some other tweaks. The grills are a temporary solution; I have to do some more woodwork. The black amp to the right is a Marshall 18-watter, it is the oldest amp in the picture. In the corner is a pine box housing a tweed Harvard built with sub-miniature tubes.

The only close-to-100% clones are the tweed Deluxe and the tweed Pro (not in this photo). Both were originally built with tweaks and then at some point torn down and rebuilt to the stock circuit.

I've built about 30 amps. The last two were for harmonica players, one in Minnesota, one in Grenoble. The Grenoble build is well-documented -> https://www.facebook.com/pg/Husting-...56194121109605

steve